Sunday, September 28, 2008

Etiquette Dinner 95'


Click picture for larger view




The year was 95' and I was much younger than I am now...the place Grandview Stake Center....the gathering Grandview 2nd Ward Annual Young Men/Women Etiquette Dinner...my date a white teddy bear. I was suppose to have a "person" as a date where we learn manners and how to be ladies and gentlemen. The boys had to pull the names out a of hat I believe and pick their dates and they "fixed" the dinner. They were to pick us up the night of the dinner and we were to be dressed in church attire. I found out my date did not like the idea of me being his date for some reason. Maybe it was my striking beauty and that intimidated him. I mean come on look at me in that picture. GORGEOUS! So there I sit at the table with those who have dates like a muffler scraping the road, who know instead of a 3rd wheel. I found out who stood me up...DEREK BELL! Oh yes Derek I remember this night! That night he forever went by the nickname "UGLY" and till this day I forget his name just because we girls called him Ugly so much that I truly believed that was his name! He answered to his nickname with a slight bit of hate in his eyes, but he also liked that girls were paying him any attention.
That's my story for the day! Now enjoy the outfits we are all wearing! So hot!
PS. That bear was a great date...never talked and I got his food!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jordan and Katie said...

Oh what a date, too bad you can't see me in that picture. I was a beauty. My date was John Baxter, nice and polite. Too bad Derek stood you up, he missed out.

September 28, 2008 at 6:08 PM  
Blogger Kristin Nuttall said...

I think my date was Brian Holdaway. I think that is my scragly black hair in the picture. We really had a fun time growing up together!

September 28, 2008 at 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home